Since going vegetarian we’ve had alot of fun trying out new recipes and when Sarah posted a picture of these capsicums on Instagram so many of you peeps wanted to see a recipe. It’s super easy and taste awesome!
2 red capsicums halved, with seeds and membrane removed
2/3 cup of buckwheat rinsed
1 onion chopped
1 heaped teaspoon of crushed garlic
2 teaspoons of cumin seeds
1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped (use half if you don’t like heat)
1 heaped teaspoon of crushed ginger
400g tin diced tomatoes
A generous splash of apple cider vinegar
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
Feta to garnish
Cayenne pepper to garnish
- First thing you want to do is preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Then start preparing your buckwheat by bringing 1 cup of water to boil in a saucepan(more might need to be added to get desired texture). Once boiled add the buck wheat and reduce to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes – keep checking it and once tender turn off the heat. This is usually when all the water has absorbed
- Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan and then saute the onions along with the garlic. Add the cumin, chilli, coriander, ginger, tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain the buckwheat and add to the tomato mixture. Combine well.
- Add the mixture to the capsicums and then top with feta and cayenne pepper if using. Then cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
Make sure you tag us on social media @morethanadored if you try this recipe!
Isaac is my partner in crime in life and probably knows more about beauty then the average guy should. A huge lover of the Tigers football club, gin connoisseur, DIY kind and health addict Isaac will be sharing DIY's, recipes and other health tips over in the lifestyle section.