Our obsession with all things involving Coconut Oil is well and truly alive so I went on the hunt for some new recipes and after trolling for hours I decided the a whipped moisturizer was going to be my challenge. I have to admit I was slightly intimated with the thought of making my own moisturizer and I even had one failed attempt along with countless flustered moments whilst trying to perfect my cream and take photos all at once. Have no fear though I’ve shared my tips throughout so you will nail yours first go!
This moisturiser is just incredible so I cannot recommend giving this DIY a go enough. The coconut oil makes it rich, extremely hydrating and the whipped consistency will make it gorgeous to apply. The infusion of green tea can help with fading sun damage and rose acts as anti-inflammatory and is full of antioxidants to help keep the skin looking fresh.
1 cup of Coconut Oil
Handful of loose Green Tea (I used Rose Green Tea for something a little different)
1. First off you want to pop your coconut oil into a saucepan over a medium heat and let it melt into an oil
2. Next you’re going to add in the tea. Lower the heat before adding in the tea because you don’t want to burn the tea (lesson learnt the hard way here, it smelt awful!)
3. Let it simmer for about an hour to really infuse the tea into the oil
4. Take the infusion off the heat and strain the tea out from the liquid. I found the easiest way to catch all the little bits was using a tea towel over my bowl instead of a strained.
5. Leave to cool until the coconut is almost hard again. Pop it into the fridge to speed up the process. I waited about 20 minutes.
6. Using an electric blender you want to whisk until the almost set oil becomes a lighter cream consistency. This takes about 5-10 minutes depending on how set your coconut oil had become. You will be able to feel the change in consistency (which is really cool) so don’t stress if it takes a little less time or a little longer.
Pop it into a small jar of your choice and slather on skin daily for amazing skin!
If you do give it a go make sure to tag us @morethanadored so we can see!
I'm a retail manager by day and a blogger by night aiming to bring you the newest beauty, fashion and lifestyle news. More Than Adored was created to help beauty lovers, like myself, make informed decisions when it comes to buying new goodies.