One of the toughest things for me working from home a few days a week is productivity. I’ve always been organised but often I find that I’m overwhelmed so my productivity decreases. I’ve curated a list of things that really helped me kick my to-do lists butt and make sure I’m making the most of time at home.
– break everything down into smaller tasks
– then create numerous lists of the things that need to be done
– turn off email notifications and allocate particular times of the day for checking
– spend 10 minutes planning the week/day
– leave mobile devices in another room or on silent
– only check social media/phone at allocated breaks
– take regular breaks
– set a timer so you don’t get lost on one project
– identify when you work best and then adjust your working hours to suit
– consider background noise apps like Coffivity
– complete tedious tasks first
– get plenty of sleep
– organise your work environment and clean up regularly
– outsource if needed
– automation is your best friend. For bills, social media and anything else you can.
– try not to multitask
– celebrate the small ‘ah-ha’ moments as well as the big ones
– block those sites that you waste time on
– don’t beat yourself up when things go wrong. It happens so move on.
What are your top tips for increasing productivity?
I'm a retail manager by day and a blogger by night aiming to bring you the newest beauty, fashion and lifestyle news. More Than Adored was created to help beauty lovers, like myself, make informed decisions when it comes to buying new goodies.