Last month we took a family trip to Ocean Grove for a long weekend and it was alot of fun! We spent the weekend at the beach, exploring surrounding towns and chilling out. Here are some of my top places to visit around the area.
Because we were there on a family trip we didn’t actually have anything to do with booking the accommodation but I really recommend AirBnB for finding a holiday house in the area. There are so many to choose from so just make sure you read reviews and suss out the location as Ocean Grove is a fairly massive place and if you’re wanting to be near the beach expect to pay a little extra.
- Visit The Dunes Cafe – awesome service and food
- Play beach cricket because even if you hate watching it… It’s fun.
- Do the walk/run/bike ride from Ocean Grove to Barwon Heads
- Visit Barwon Heads for a coffee and wander around the shops
- Take a trip to Queenscliff and climb the lookout
- Have Q Fish & Hips because they’re the best I’ve ever had (Queenscliff)
- Sunbath and read trashy magazines
We spent alot of time down at Barwon Heads and if we went back again we would probably stay down there. It’s super trendy but more what we like in terms of cafes, shops and just the general vibe we really liked.
Have you visited Ocean Grove? What were your fave things to do in the area?
*products in this post may have been provided for editorial consideration. For more information please view our disclaimer.
I'm a retail manager by day and a blogger by night aiming to bring you the newest beauty, fashion and lifestyle news. More Than Adored was created to help beauty lovers, like myself, make informed decisions when it comes to buying new goodies.