It’s been a while since we’ve posted a recipe and when I first tried this nacho dish I fell in love. It’s like you’re kind of being naughty but still getting loads of nutrition from all the veggies. I thought it’d be perfect to whip up on Australia Day if you’re celebrating and don’t want to opt for sausages or lamingtons! It’s so easy to throw together.
1-2 sweet potatoes, chopped with skin on
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 avocado mashed or chopped
A generous squeeze of lime
1/4 of a cabbage finely chopped or some coleslaw mix
1 corn cob cut into bite size pieces
1/2 a punnet of cherry tomatoes halved
1 chilli chopped finely
Buffalo mozzarella to put on top
1/2 packet of Missions tortilla strips
1/4 cup of sour cream to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 210C and pop your sweet potato on a tray with some oil. I like to leave the skin on but it’s definitely not a must so if you want to peel them go for it! Once the oven is hot pop the tray in and set a timer for 20-25 minutes because you’ll have to turn them. All up it usually takes about 40-45 minutes to cook the sweet potato.
2. Whilst that is doing it’s thing in the oven rinse your chickpeas and add them to a mixing bowl. Then add the spices, lime juice and avocado. Mix all together.
3. Pop that aside and prepare all the other elements by chopping them up.
4. Once that is all sorted your sweet potato should be cooked so grab them out of the oven – this is where it’s fun! Grab a baking dish and add your desired amount of sweet potato then start layering the corn chips with the rest of the ingredients. I always do this differently but my fave way is to add corn chips around the side, the chickpea mixture down the bottom with the sweet potato then all the veggies with the corn and cheese on top.
5. Turn the oven up too 210C and bake for about 15 minutes. It doesn’t need alot of time in the oven so just make sure the corn is done and the cheese is all melted.
6. Dollop sour cream on top and serve with some more Mission Tortilla strips if you need.
It’s so delicious trust me!
What would you like to see next in terms of food posts? Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram or Twitter if you give this a go!
I'm a retail manager by day and a blogger by night aiming to bring you the newest beauty, fashion and lifestyle news. More Than Adored was created to help beauty lovers, like myself, make informed decisions when it comes to buying new goodies.